moving site url

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
ok i already created a site using Weebly.com here and put my domain there.. how would i go about moving my domain so that when i publish my iweb site here it will just be evinsstudios.com

i am using godaddy for my domain, is there a way to go in to godaddy's "total DNS control panel and point it to the iweb site like i did with weebly?

mind you i dont know much web development.

thanks for any answer you may be able to provide me.

OP
macwannabe
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
if i purchase web hosting from go daddy will that give the server address, username and password and directory/path i need to ftp my iweb site up to the hosting site. so then it will be posted?

btw thanx for the help whyaskwhy. btw i am am learning dreamweaver now... web it really not my thing. i like flash though. so i am trying to learn as much as i can sorry for such a broad question.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Attached is a picture from Godaddy for altering my nameserver. To get there, I clicked on my account and then the NameServers button. You get those addresses from the hosting company that is the host of your site. I don't know what the me.com should be, but that information is likely available via your me.com account.

The change can take awhile to propagate over the net, so don't expect to see that change immediately, but perhaps over a 24 hour period.

SafariScreenSnapz021.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.