Importing .json saved Mozilla bookmarks from external drive to Safari?

Reaction score
I just got a new Mac. Loving it. In my plans to switchover I dumped everything from my PC to a MyBook external hard drive. This has worked well in regards to everything except my Firefox bookmarks that were saved as .json files. There is nothing on my mac that can open these files. I tried downloading Frostwire and Transmute but neither app seemed to be able to do what I want. I want to migrate these files to Safari and just use that as my browser. I also tried to download Mozilla and it also was unable to open the saved bookmarks.

What can I do?

Also, should have made this switch a long time ago, I got the new mini. This thing seems pretty awesome. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Just export the FF bookmarks as HTML:
Bookmarks > Organize Bookmarks > Import and Backup > Export HTML

OP
B
Reaction score
And do that through Safari? I opened the bookmarks as HTML in Microsoft Word for Mac. How do I now get them to the bookmarks menu? I don't have the PC anymore only the .json file on the external hard drive.

OP
B
Reaction score
It would appear that because I didn't export them as HTML I may not be able to do anything with the .json file. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Install Firefox for Macintosh on the Mac you have. Import them into Firefox from the .json file on the external HDD. Then, import Firefox's bookmarks into Safari using Safari's import feature. You can keep or delete the Firefox installation after that. No worries.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.