Drive wont mount on Desktop

Reaction score
I have a eMac with 10.5.8. I recently upgraded to 10.5.8 and when I did that my hard drive wont show up on my desktop. Before I upgraded it was showing up and it was working fine. I have a Maxtor OneTouch II. I contacted Maxtor and they gave me the new software for the upgrade but they said if it doesnt show up on your desktop it has to be a problem with my os or something.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you try the new software from Maxtor? And can you see the drive by using Disk Utility? Applications -> Utilities -> Disk Utility.

Regards.

OP
N
Reaction score
i have the new software but maxtor told me that the software wont work if the drive wont mount. the drive does not appear on disk utilities. the drive does appear on system preferences as being plugged into the firewire

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
How old is the drive? There was some discussion on this with another manufacturers drive not working on newer OS versions.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.