AIM on Mac

L

lascorcha

I just got my PowerBook a couple days ago (and so far I'm really, really happy with it). There's just one thing that bugs me. On AIM, every time someone IMs me the whole window changes to the color of their background. This isn't so terrible except for the fact that if my font is white, it disappears on a white background, if my font is black, it disappears on a black background. It's more like a nuisance than a major problem, but is there anything I can do to fix this (am I missing some really obvious preference change somewhere)?

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Are you using Aim or iChat? Because Aim for the mac isn't all that great, if you ask me. In iChat, however, does have the option for you to set specifications as to how you would like the other person settings to be formatted. The option is under the in the menu bar, click on iChat, preferences, then Messages, then click "Reformat incoming messages".

Also try these IM apps:

Adium X
Proteus

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G4 / 1,42Ghz / 1GB / 100Gb / Superdrive / 10.4.11
I have AIM on my imac and I have this problem also. But it is quite easy to solve. In each im window, you can change colour of your text and the background colour, just for that window. I do this a lot and it becomes a lot less of a nuisance. Hope that helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb
aim>perferances>fonts and colors
then just select what colors you want and it wont change all it just stays that same bg color font color and font but make sure you switch apply for incoming messages

OP
L

lascorcha

I figured it out. I had set the window color and not the text background color. Now I've set both the window color and the text background color to the same shade and all is well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.