• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Store Update Today 12/3/10

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 13.3"
Thats the store down now in US and UK, any idea what the updates will be?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24-inch 3.06GHz
Pre-orders for the iPad are supposed to start today, hopefully that is why it is down.

*elbows way to head of line*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro Quad Xeon; 15" Retina Macbook Pro; macbooks (family); Macbook pro 17"; intel & G4 iMacs.
12 core mac pro imminent too but, yes, most likely the iUselessGiantIPod

*elbows way out of the queue and off to the modbook website to find what Apple should have sold instead :) *

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Well you can have your modbook for only

$899 + the cost of a macbook you have to supply to them
or
$1849

So it's basically just as good as a $1699 macbook pro. I'd rather a macbook Pro thanks for a little less money :). Or an ipad for a lot less money.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro Quad Xeon; 15" Retina Macbook Pro; macbooks (family); Macbook pro 17"; intel & G4 iMacs.
Well you can have your modbook for only

$899 + the cost of a macbook you have to supply to them
or
$1849

So it's basically just as good as a $1699 macbook pro. I'd rather a macbook Pro thanks for a little less money :). Or an ipad for a lot less money.

I already have a 17" macbook pro and a mac pro, I want a tablet mac so I will get a modbook. I just think that the iPad is nothing new really just a very large iPod touch/iPhone. I have one of those too but the iPhone fits in my pocket which the iPad doesn't. It will sell like hot cakes but it is not for me.

C

chas_m

Congrats! You will be the first person out of the 100,000+ registered here to have one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Oh when you do get the modbook, be sure to post everything about it. Your experiences with it and how well it works. I really wanted to read some user feedback on the product. But I never found someone who actually owned one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
Pre-orders for the iPad are supposed to start today, hopefully that is why it is down.
Yes, it looks like they only updated the site to include iPad pre-orders.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 13.3"
Yeah no info for UK yet, anyone know when they will release price info?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.