dreamweaver to iWeb

Reaction score
I have CS4 with Dreamweaver and Flash. I have a client who wants to be able to update and make changes to his site by himself but he ONLY has iWeb. Is it possible for him to make changes in a site that is designed in Dreamweaver?

Maybe a better option would be to customize a site in iWeb as much as possible and add some dynamic aspects? I'm not that familiar with iWeb but figure that it can't be that difficult to learn.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Amber

C

chas_m

1. No.

2. No.

Look into Adobe's Contribute product, I think that will accomplish your goal.

Alternatively, Wordpress might also be an option.

Reaction score
Kindly explain that iWeb is built to be a lowest common denominator solution for people who want to put up what amounts to little more than a single-user, static web page. It's only editable in iWeb.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 8GB Ram, 500GB HD, Have been an Apple guy since 2002, and will NEVER GO BACK =)
bassinet their

Yes, contribute is what you need. Charge an additional 175 on top of whatever you do, and GIVE a contribute serial number to your client. They will appreciate being able to login and change whatever they want to content wise, without editing your initial design.

If you do a smaller web design company, just tell them to email you updates once a month. any more than that, and you will have to charge them a convenience charge.

=)

http://www.adobe.com/products/contribute/

Reaction score
Contribute

I have personally used contribute. Make sure you use the check in/out option in dreamweaver for the contribute to work for them. You can see when they updated a page.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.