• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

broken screen.

Reaction score
my macbook fell off my bed and the screen is broken. im curious to know if its even worth getting fixed ? or how much it would even cost ? i do not have an applecare protection plan. any help would be great. thanks.

C

chas_m

Sadly you've broken the single most expensive part (and AppleCare wouldn't have covered this anyway; its abuse). Even replacing it yourself (assuming you were mechanically talented enough and willing to do so) will cost hundreds of dollars. Having a Apple Authorised Service Provider will cost more, but it will at least be done right and their work warrantied.

Only you can determine if a few hundred bucks is "worth it" or not. A new one will of course cost you more than that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
VZW iPhone 4 64gb Ipad 13" White Macbook * WD 500GB HD 80GB Ipod Classic
hey found this site for you...if you interested in getting it repaired
Click here

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15"
my macbook fell off my bed and the screen is broken. im curious to know if its even worth getting fixed ? or how much it would even cost ? i do not have an applecare protection plan. any help would be great. thanks.

If you want it fixed, take it to an Apple Store and grab your ankles, kiddo.

You learned an expensive lesson. If it fell onto a hard surface, your hard drive is probably damaged too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Exactly what I was thinking, Justin. No sense fixing the screen until it's determined whether or not it's going to display anything...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.