Mac Book Pro on Windows network

Reaction score
I bought an iMac recently and it's a revelation.

I have been getting p$%^&d off with my Sony Vaio + Windows 7 setup at our small business. All the usual rubbish, no need to list it.

So I bought a 15" Mac Book Pro for work, with Office 2008 (I have that on the iMac and it's fine for my purposes).

We have Microsoft Small Business Server at the office. My question is will I be able to sync with that - i.e. store and retrieve my documents between the Mac and the server? Or do I need Parallels and Windows 7 on the Mac? Or have I screwed up?

Any pointers appreciated thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP
Your mac will have no problems reading windows based shares and sending jobs to windows based printers.
Your mac can also connect to your small business server's exchange email (if you're using it).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5
You might want to check the networking forum on here about the setup. It's not to hard once you dig in, but it does offer great advice for setting up sharing between macs and pcs. Just remember that if you're using Snow Leopard, it may not detect the computer automatically, and you'll have to put in the SMB address of whatever computer your accessing. A bit of a pain, but a minor annoyance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.