Turn off keyboard/mouse during sleepmode???

Reaction score
When I did the iMAC woke up looking for them. What is the correct way to put it to sleep? I did this to save battery power.

Or do I need to turn it off every night?

Jonah

Reaction score
When I did the iMAC woke up looking for them. What is the correct way to put it to sleep? I did this to save battery power.

Or do I need to turn it off every night?

Jonah

I asked the same question last week....short answer was "Not really necessary"....but I still turn it off after shutdown and turn it on before startup.

It's a personal pref I guess.....let's see who else chimes in....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 2.66GHz i5, 1TB HDD, 12GB RAM, OS X 10.7.3, iPod Classic 160GB,iPad 1 64GB Wi-fi, iPhone 4S
When I am finished with my iMac for the day, I put it in sleep mode, leaving the mouse and keyboard turned on. I use the mouse and keyboard heavily and after a month, the battery level on both is still showing 100%, so I don't think that leaving them on when the computer is sleeping will cause significant battery drain. I always use sleep mode and I don't think I have actually turned the computer off in the month I have had it, other than restarts when doing updates, etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1067 MHz RAM, iPhone 4S
I find my mouse battery drains a lot quicker than the keyboard. I just changed the mouse battery's for the first time since I got it in December but the keyboard still says 100% so I usually just shut my mouse off and let the keyboard sit on.

C

chas_m

For the keyboard, I wouldn't worry about it. For the mouse, I often turn it off before putting the computer to sleep (since I always invoke sleep via the keyboard), which seems to help the battery life of the mouse.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
I sit my Magic Mouse on its cradle and then do Cmmnd/Option/Eject and even with caffeine enabled it goes to sleep.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.