Macintosh Classic II

P

prophet

I just bought one for 10 dollars at a yard sale, it works and everything, and I'm pretty stoked about it.

does anyone know anywhere where I might be able to obtain software for a mac this old?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Macintosh Garden is a cool site which should have some games that will work with your machine. Also, try searching Google for "Macintosh abandonware" or "Mac abandonware".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook g4 1.33, 768 ram
would you mind posting some pictures?

OP
P

prophet

macman88 said:
would you mind posting some pictures?

Not at all :)

DSC06102.jpg

that's the only pic I have up on my photobucket, I can take more though.

and thanks for the sites, I'll have to get on my old pc so I can put em on a 3.5" floppy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
*Wipes tear* That may be the most beautiful thing I have seen in months! I simply must find one, and a Cube too! :alien:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
witeshark said:
*Wipes tear* That may be the most beautiful thing I have seen in months! I simply must find one, and a Cube too! :alien:

Take a look on eBay. There are a surprising number of both machines available there. You might also want to look at the Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One. It's one of my favorites.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mynameis said:
Is that Classic II color? I haven't used one or seen one in years.

No, the Classic II had a black and white display.

OP
Z

zap2

take good care of that mac, always remember the mac that did not run on intel( i hope apple does not do it)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
very nice machine, I have an old apple, but no display, keyboard, or mouse to use with it... does any body know where i can get something like that? I have a brand new power book but I would always want to try to fiddle around with this other machine since I never used an old mac and would like to see where they stared... It is a performa 6320cd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
PowerBookG4 said:
very nice machine, I have an old apple, but no display, keyboard, or mouse to use with it... does any body know where i can get something like that? I have a brand new power book but I would always want to try to fiddle around with this other machine since I never used an old mac and would like to see where they stared... It is a performa 6320cd
Your performa uses ADB keyboards and mice. You can find them cheap on ebay. Also in the bargain bin at www.macsales.com. I saw an ADB keyboard at a yard sale yesterday, but that won't help you much. :) For a display you can also get old apple displays on eBay, or you can get an adapter that lets you use VGA monitors, which are easy to find and cheap. The 6320cd is one of the first generation PPC consumer models. I think it has a PowerPC 601 or a PowerPC 603 processor. If I recall correctly, some of the 63xx had realy cool audio video in/out stuff that much more expensive computers didn't have. To look up specs of old apple stuff check out www.lowendmac.com and www.everymac.com. Have fun messing around with your old mac. It probably still works. Up until the introduction fo the iMac pretty much all mac hardware was built like a brick **** house. Most of it still is esp. when compared with competitors.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
OP
R

rosso

That mac is simply stunning! I have an SE/30! You know those look better than the imacs!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.