Firefox...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac
Since I'm new at this, both to Mac and Firefox, I think this is the place to ask. I downloaded Firefox in order to be able to use USPS' Click & Ship. I've noticed while using this browser, when opening more than one thing (tab?), I cannot close us just one, others close as well. Any one else have the same issue... any fixes for this? Thanks.

Pete (The Oldfella)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Yes, Firefox (and Safari as well) have a tabbed interface. If you open multiple tabs and then close the Firefox window, all of the tabs will close.

But if you take your pointer and click on the tab, you'll see a close button appear:

2010-03-11_1008.png

Click on that to close just that tab. You can also click on the tab and then press Command+W to close the tab.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
I think you maybe closing the windows and not the tabs. Go Firefox>Preference>Tabs

Make sure the 'open new windows in new tabs' is checked. So when you click on a new link a new tab will pop up with that link page within the same window.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Also, you can close all but one tab. Just right click (or control click) on the tab you want to leave open. Select close other tabs, and the rest of them are gone.

OP
oldfella
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac
Thanks, folks.

Pete

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac, 3.06 c2d, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD
Thanks, Chas - It was done exclusively for me 10 years ago at age 82, I think I've earned it.

Pete

...and I thought I was old at 68. :eek:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.