Connecting external monitor, mouse, keyboard to MBP

Reaction score
I bought a MBP and now want to create a office setup where I could use larger monitor, an external keyboard, and mouse for using the same MBP.

1. How to do this setup ? Is hooking an external monitor to DVI port to MBP good enough ? Can I use usb keyboard and mouse to connect to MBP ? Anything else ?

Can you please share your setup and anything that I should take care of.

What's a good place to buy these accessories ?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
bobtomay has set up a sticky to hook Mac to a TV well worth a read.

Connecting your Mac to your TV

And yes you can do the USB keyboard and mouse

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5
You could always get a docking station, so you don't have to plug in a bunch of cables. You may consider blue-tooth peripherals, however, and then it's just a matter of plugging in a monitor.

Reaction score
I would recommend you use Bluetooth mouse and keyboard to save your usb ports for other uses, I have my desk set up with a magic mouse, apple keyboard and a logitech speaker system, and i hook it too my 32'' T.V.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
I should mention since this is a switchers forum I have my PC desktop and I use this program Synergy
Synergy
to share mouse and keyboard. It is a software switcher for keyboard and mouse. That way I can use 1 keyboard and mouse between my PC and Mac. I actually have a windows laptop, a windows desktop and a Mac that sit on my desk and I use Synergy to control all of them.

By the way if your synergy server is PC you'll need this info when you use the mac to map the keys correctly.
Andy's Blog: Proper Mapping of Modifer Keys for Synergy with Windows Server and Mac Client

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.