Airport is blocking/not connecting to site

Reaction score
My airport is blocking traffic from a specific server.

I can get access to the sites if I connect direct to the cable modem.

I can access the sites on the same server from outside my house.

I can access the sites and receive email from my phone.

No computer mac or PC can get onto the sites.

If I log into my remote desktop from work at home I can get onto the sites.

The air card must be blocking them or not connecting to it. I have no idea why and it is very frustrating as I can't receive email at home nor can I update any of the sites using the control panel.

Help. Please.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Need more info. Year and model of your Mac and which version of OS X you're using.

Airport does not have the capability to block a specific server. It's either on or off. Sounds like you're using a router with your cable modem? If so, which make and model?

Regards.

OP
Q
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

I'm using Leopard in a macbook and the router is in a time machine. I'm not at home so I can't get the exact number but I have performed all the updates on Leopard and for the time machine/air port

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Are you using an Apple Time Capsule? If so, which model. Also... look in your manual for instructions on how to reset it back to factory default. Resetting may resolve the problem.

Regards.

OP
Q
Reaction score
It is an apple time capsule and it just stopped allowing me to connect one day. Weird.

The time capsule is an a1254.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.