garage band help

Reaction score
when i turn 'monitor' on in garage band, there a delay from me playing to it coming out of the speakers, is this normal, and is there anyway to turn it off?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Monitoring is very hardware demanding...

Which Mac specs do you have, and what do you use as audio hardware?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini (1G)/ 1.42 GHz PPC / 512MB Crucial RAM / 80 GB HDD / 160GB LaCie mini
Seems like lack of memory. The same happens on my Mac mini with 256MB of RAM. I'm upgrading to 512 in a month. How much do you have?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That upgrade should definitely take care of the problem (well... if you have a LOT of tracks with a LOT of effects playing while monitoring... and rendering a 3D image in the background, it might return lol).

Curious, how do you input audio? I'm assuming you plug in your guitar; if so, does it create a lot of hiss when you try "Rock Arena" or "Glam"? :eek:

D

diim

The exact thing happend to me when I had my iBook, ram took care of it.

livatlantis said:
That upgrade should definitely take care of the problem (well... if you have a LOT of tracks with a LOT of effects playing while monitoring... and rendering a 3D image in the background, it might return lol).

Curious, how do you input audio? I'm assuming you plug in your guitar; if so, does it create a lot of hiss when you try "Rock Arena" or "Glam"? :eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Glad to hear that my upgrading to 512MB soon will improve GB performance ;)

OP
R
Reaction score
livatlantis said:

yer quite a bit, im now gonna buy a half decent mic, and put it infront of my amp, think that will be the best way. But if anyone knows how to get rid of the hissing, please share

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb
haha has anyone ever tried having a conversation with some one while having montor and headphones on........haha its sooooo fun lol
but you have to have a filter on like female vocals ons or its not as "trippy" :batman:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
lol! No, with 256MB of RAM, I'd best save that stunt for later ;) lol

reddavis999, I'm getting the hissings back - they weren't there before. Still searching for a way to get rid of them. You could enable "Gate:" (Noise gate) and increase the slider value until the hissing is gone. Of course, you'll notice a difference in your sustain (especially while playing solos). For guitar input, I just use a clean guitar through a Griffin iMic - the results aren't bad (I can give you an example I've posted online, if you want).

OP
R
Reaction score
yer please, im using a imic aswell, i used the clean setting with flanger effect to do part or the track which didnt sound bad, just that the rest of the track is in distortion

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.