Crazy Idea

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I hate AT&T. I personally have two phones. A Verizon phone for business and the iPhone for email, Apps and because I love the iPhone. I drop way too many calls to consider using it for business, that is why I have the Verizon phone.

Here is my idea. Maybe you guys can help me out.

The Verizon MiFi 2200 is a pretty small WiFi hotspot. iPhone now allows Wifi applications such as Skype on their network.

Would it be too crazy to somehow piggyback the MiFi onto the back of the iPhone and just use the Verizon service from the MiFi through Skype for phone and data coverage for emails etc?

I would take the extra inch on the back of the phone to actually be able to make calls and get service...

The MiFi is $60 a month.

You would no longer need AT&T service. Correct?

All of the Apps and Phone service should work etc.. Correct?

Just an idea.. please chime in and let me know what you think..

OP
nutz46
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Almost forgot.. the MiFi can connect to up to 5 devices. So you won't need AT&T for your iPad either...

Reaction score
...no one is goin ta buy an ipad.

yes it will work. problem is multi taskin, ya cant do it. so for your idea ta work skype will alway have ta be runnin.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS
"To." The word is spelled "to."

Reaction score
i doubt it would work, when you cancel your ATT contract the sim card is made inactive and all you can use it for is an iPod. I dont think wifi will work on it.

If you have a 3G iPhone, the reason for so many dropped calls is the iPhone its self.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
It's not a bad idea if your unhappy with At&t.

Reaction score
i doubt it would work, when you cancel your ATT contract the sim card is made inactive and all you can use it for is an iPod. I dont think wifi will work on it.

If you have a 3G iPhone, the reason for so many dropped calls is the iPhone its self.

wifi will still work. both my 3Gs and 2G iPhones did without cell service.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.