Steam coming to Mac/OS X

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Anyone as excited as me about Steam finally coming to the Mac? My top PC games I currently play are L4D (1 and 2), Half Life2, Counter Strike along with Dragon Age which is available on Mac anyway.

So the big question is, do we get better GPUs in future iMacs or will Apple introduce an affordable tower with faster GPUs. A 4850 is the top GPU in an iMac and with the screen size, it's barely fast enough, not to mention almost 2 years old.

OP
Zoolook
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
What is "Steam". never heard of that one.

[dies of shock]

It's a game distribution network run by Valve (who created Half Life amongst other games).

Welcome to Steam

Basically all of Valve's Source Engine games will come to Mac... this is the biggest gaming news on the Mac since Halo in the 90's (although that didn't turn out well!)

Aaannyway, with Valve and possibly Epic bringing all their games to Mac, it's good news for us, and good news for OpenGL.

What's more, if (like me) you bought your games on the PC, you can load Steam up on your Mac and download all your games for free AND keep all your saves, achievements etc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.