Gmail access troubles!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MAC OS X - 10.5.8, 2,13GHZ, Intel Core 2 Duo, FF
Hi,

I am having trouble sending out emails through Gmail for sometime now...

Which means I am inside my gmail account and can read all, but cant sent out anything, as the gmail system says "oops ...the system encountered a problem(?/500) - Retrying"

Anyone experiencing the same kind of trouble?

I have also trouble accessing some other websites, but they do rather more related to Java issues...!

Are these kind of issues Mac or rather a general connection failure all over the board?

Solution(s)?

C

chas_m

Let's start by clarifying if you mean you are having problems sending mail:

a. when logged in to GMail's home page via a web browser, or
b. Using GMail via a mail client such as Mail or Entourage or Thunderbird

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gmail Troubles!

Let's start by clarifying if you mean you are having problems sending mail:

a. when logged in to GMail's home page via a web browser, or
b. Using GMail via a mail client such as Mail or Entourage or Thunderbird

Hi,

while being logged in to Gmail's homepage via firefox.

These troubles have surfaced for sometime now, at times I cant log -in at all or log-in very fast or would take ages until something moves on my screen!

It seems its a Mac issue, as I dont have that trouble with my ws!

C

chas_m

I've no idea what a "ws" is, but that sounds like an issue with FF.

Try using Safari to access the page and see if that clears up the problem. If it does, you probably just need to empty your cache in FF.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gmail Troubles!

Hi,

WS = windows software.

I did clear my FF cache, dont use Safari.

I have all my bookmarks/settings on FF, and havent found Safari that useful to my needs...!

What might be the issue here, I see that FF has now an update. Updates on FF are always an horror to me...!

C

chas_m

Well, for *troubleshooting purposes* or at least just to humour me, could you fire up the Safari and give it a try and let us know if the same problem appears?

I suggested trying an alternate browser because I'm attempting to help you figure out if the problem is due to an issue with your browser or if the issue is due to something beyond that on your Mac.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hello,

thank you for your interest.

Well, I havent seen much use of Safari/Chrome as an alternative to FF, as that has lots of useful add-on's for me!

Anyhow, I did try Safari this morning yes, it actually started gmail vs FF.

However, I did try again now but both were not able to go beyond my start up gmail page (its where you can see all your emails/drafts etc.)

But the moment you prepare a draft/email it tries to connect you for ages, but actually it doesnt, and in fact you cant even save your draft - since you cant sent it out!

I did check my ISP/connections/refreshed my connections but still no use at all - I do have a fast & reliable connection! Did I say that being on the same connection, I can indeed draft an email within gmail and can actually sent it out with my WS based laptop.

Any, idea what might be the issue(s)?

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi,

I did try it again my gmail doesnt work on FF, but on Safari it does...!

What conclusions can I make out of this so far, as sometimes both dont work and at times its gmail that doesnt work?

Does anyone face similar issues, what do u think might be the issue here?

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi,

any news on this topic?

I am still facing similar problems. For few days now I cant access my gmail via my FF browser!

Does anyone know how to re-edit past postings? While typing my posting late in the night last time around, I did now realize I did a few mistakes that could make readers get confused about the issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (27 inch, Late 2012), Processor: Core i5, Memory: 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 running MacOS Catalina
I keep trying to access my gmail account using Safari and I always keep getting this 'security certificate' issue. When I click on continue, it just takes me back to the login page.
If I use Firefox, i can get into my account, but this annoying pop-ups keep coming on the screen about this security certificate.

Any ideas????

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The last week I wasnt also able to access my yahoo emails...!

Now, both work on FF and indeed pretty fast...

Someone, on this board suggested "no-script", which is pretty good for annoying pop-up that get through somehow.

But, you might also face some undesirable side issues .i.e. if you use lots of portals and want to forward articles to someone, you might not be able to locate on that portal the "email/forward to a friend" botton's...!

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Any more news on this topic, I am still facing the same kind of access issue to my gmail via FF...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.