Windows Media Player for Mac problem

D

derm318

I subscribe to a streaming audio program that requires that I use Windows Media Player on my Mac. I have the latest version installed. When I open the audio program, WMP buffers it and starts to play. Unfortunately, there is no sound coming through the system. I get perfect sound when I use iTunes, so it is not a sound system problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
what are your macs specs? what os are you running and what browser are you using?

OP
D

derm318

Macman said:
what are your macs specs? what os are you running and what browser are you using?
I have a Mac Mini with Panther installed. I use the Safari browser. I subscribe to Music From the Hearts of Space, which requires that this browser be used for streaming the audio.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
With any issues, always run repair permissions. After every software update, and about every 2 weeks: close all apps and log totally off. Log on, go in Finder, Applications. Utilities, Disk Utility. After the message -getting disk information- select volume (below the hard drive name -upper left corner). Just highlight it. Now look to the lower two things are there near the middle, verify permissions, repair permissions. Click repair permissions

OP
D

derm318

witeshark said:
With any issues, always run repair permissions. After every software update, and about every 2 weeks: close all apps and log totally off. Log on, go in Finder, Applications. Utilities, Disk Utility. After the message -getting disk information- select volume (below the hard drive name -upper left corner). Just highlight it. Now look to the lower two things are there near the middle, verify permissions, repair permissions. Click repair permissions

I have just run disc repair and there still is no sound when WMP runs. This is true even when I play the sample track that comes with WMP. Clearly it is a WMP issue. Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Seems like a bad copy of the player. I suggest replacing it. After doing that - - repair permissions for best results

OP
D

derm318

witeshark said:
Seems like a bad copy of the player. I suggest replacing it. After doing that - - repair permissions for best results

I have just replaced the old WMP with a new version. I still do not have sound. Is there something other than simply trashing the old application that must be done to completely remove all remnants of the old WMP? If not, is there something about the settings of the computer itself which needs to be corrected?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.