iPod restore problems

Reaction score
Hey I am trying to fixed this screwed up iPod...

It is an iPod Touch 2nd gen 8g. I think it is a software problem. When it turns on it just gives me the apple logo known as "The Black Screen of Death". Anyway, I have tried to reset it but keep getting the logo. I think i successfully put it in recovery mode and tried to restore it on iTunes. It did not restore it successfully, however, and I tried it many times. Each time it gave me either the 1604 error message or the 1611 error message. I research the cause of these messages and tried several things including different USB ports, restarting my computer and I even tried to jailbreak it. All of these things failed. Advice? I just want my iPod to work. I am not concerned if all my data is gone.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Did you put it into recovery mode or DFU mode? You want to try DFU mode and then do a restore.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.