Safari: Problem Fully Loading Pages

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHz, 4GB 1067 MHz running Snow Leopard
I'm having a problem with Safari recently. It runs fine, my connection is fine, everything appears alright, but when I load news articles from websites like NHL.com or Goal.com, it wont load the content of the article. The header and everything is perfect, and it will load the title of the article, the dat it was published, etc, but it wont load the main body of the text. I've had this problem with a few websites.

I've tried clearing the cache, resetting safari, and deleting all of my cookies. I've also run system update, and I have the latest version of safari and everything relevant installed.

Regular pages open perfectly, it's only on articles I have this issue.

Any suggestions?

C

chas_m

I checked using Safari 4.0.4 visiting Goal.com and did not have any trouble with the main page, article pages, or any other part of the site.

Do you have an adblocker installed? This could be the culprit. Of course, what COULD ALSO be happening is that a javascript or flash ad is "hanging up" the load and not letting you get to the text.

Do you have the same problem in Firefox or Chrome (if you use or could use either one of those?).

OP
mikepugs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHz, 4GB 1067 MHz running Snow Leopard
I don't have the problem in Firefox, just checked it. Besides the default pop-up blocker (the one under the Safari menu, next to preferences etc) I don't have anything special on when I'm running Safari.

I'll check to see if I have the latest flash installed.

*by the way, my Mother lives in Victoria, absolutely beautiful there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.