arirport/wireless question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 in MacBook Pro, anti glare screen and an iPhone 4
hi all, been lovin' my MacBook!

one weird thing though, we had a "service interruption" in our internet (it just went out overnight, so weird) and since they came to fix it, i had to reconfigure my router

now, i have to make sure that my network is what aAirport picks up...even though i marked my network as the "preferred" one, it still bumps to a different one

any way to make this "permanent" and not "preferred"?

thanks! (be really specific, please ;D )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5
I don't know if this helps, but I had a similar situation the other day. The following is my story.

Internet connection was interrupted, and I had **** getting everything running again, but resetting the router fixed the problem, eventually. I think it had more to do with my crappy ISP than anything else. Anyway, I reset my router which meant that it went to default. No password protection, channel defaulted to 6, and website login defaulted to admin.

The problem with this is that my macbook didn't pick up the connection we had established. So I clicked on the wireless connection icon in the upper right corner (between the bluetooth and volume icons), selected my router, which was my default of linksys, and tried to connect. Wouldn't do. So I went to my windows PC, loaded the router website and reloaded the password protection and changed the channel to channel 11. Didn't automatically detect, at first, however, I clicked on the wireless connection icon again, and it asked me for my wireless selection. Clicked for my router, input the password, made sure the box for "remember this connection" (or something to the affect) was checked, and then enter. Connected without a problem, and my macbook automatically connects each time.''

Hope this helps.

C

chas_m

Here's a suggestion:

Go to Network, find the list of connections. Delete your "preferred" one.

Now re-connect to that network, and NOW make it your "preferred" one again. That should sort it.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 in MacBook Pro, anti glare screen and an iPhone 4
thanks to both of you...i think it's my crazy comcast network more than anything, but i will try chas's suggestion first, then try reconfiguring again....sheesh!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5
That's comcast, for ya. Thank God I'm switching to FiOS this week.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.