advice for a beginner

Reaction score
Hello!
I was wondering if someone could hook me up with an inexpensive way to connect my instruments to a macbook. I'm a college student and I was stoked when my girl got a new macbook with garage band. I'm looking to record some samples for my metal band so we can get out in the world.

I don't really need anything anything fancy at this point, just something that can record with good quality. I'm okay with recording one feed at a time and I absolutely can't afford anything over $150 at the moment.

I know I could just use google/amazon, but I would like to get some real life opinions on what works well with macbooks, GB, and is worth the money I spend on it in general.

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS
Try the RP250 out. I've used Digitech products through the years and find them to be high quality. This guy should do well for you! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Octo 2.8Ghz / Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz
Line 6 make some nice low cost input devices for guitar/mic

MM.

Reaction score
If you can get another $100, the Apogee ONE product rocks!!!!!! Incredible, studio quality sound. Look it up...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.