Went 27" over the weekend and I am NEVER going back!

Reaction score
Andy007’s thread inspired me to make this thread. This is my little Mc story, hopefully it will inspire some people to come over to the Macside 

So I bought a brand new 27” Imac Quad core over the weekend and thought by now I would have Buyers remorse for forking $2,000.00 just for a computer. Truth be told I was fighting myself on the decision to buy it for weeks! I needed to buy a new computer, the one I had was in its death throws, making lovely noises that would creed children out and felt like it was basking in the sun for days on a hot summer. I was going to stick with a PC and Windows since I was hearing so many good things about Windows 7 but with past experiences I was apprehensive Windows 7 was better, living with Vista for 6 months 

I worked with Macs in college, going for illustration, and I hated the macs there. It was a group computer roomful of kids and teachers that grew up on PCs so of course the Macs were horrible there. I can’t tell you how many times I would turn on the computer and the Harddrive icon was in the trash 

Still, I did my research and decided on the top tier Imac. Could have went to a tower Mac but I liked the idea of everything being in the monitor.

I went to the Apple Store and saw the 21” iMac first and though meh. Then an employee came over and guided me over to the 17” iMacs and I literally had a heart attack right there. I saw these puppies online an on Youtube but my god they are so big! I wanted to make out with it right there in the store but decided against it because I am sure even Mac people do not like PDAs.

I brought it home and used the ONE CORD (omg the 50 bajillion cords of a PC were all thrown away!!!!!) and after that now familiar “biiiing” I was in love and was not ashamed to tell everyone I knew that I was!

As the famous quote says, “It just works”. There is nothing to it, no errors like Vista created, no 50 bajillion cords making my Ikea desk look ugly. No creepy sounds and no heating problems burning up my desk and wall!

Programs run flawlessly. If you are on a PC you know you can only run X amount of programs until your computer just say “Oh no you didn!” and starts giving you various problems that seem to be un-fixable, even with a memory upgrade. On my Mac, so far, there seems to be no limit to the amount of programs I can run that do not affect one another.

I am an illustrator that uses Photoshop religiously and I also use a Cintiq(for those of you who are like “Wha?” a Cintiq is a monitor you can directly draw on, think a Tablet Monitor). The cintiq had about a one second lag on my PC but now man it works so flawlessly on the Mac.

I have not run into a single error and when I went to Vista I had an error every day for six months.

If you are thinking of going over to a Mac but are unsure just go to the Apple Store. Trust me when I say this; when you go 27” you will never go back!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5
Congrats on the buy! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't completely jealous. Had my eye on those 27" iMacs, but I needed a mobile device.

Best thing I ever did (well, as far as computers) was to switch to mac. I can already tell you're not regretting it, so I don't think I need to tell you how awesome the switch is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone
The 27in iMac is indeed amazing. Even the C2D for 1699.00 is such a great buy, its what i have. (I got mine before the quad core was available)

I also do alot of PS/LR/BR work, and i also use a tablet, but not a Cintiq, just an large Intuos3. And it all runs great.

Anyway, like the OP, I'm also a happy buyer.

PS: Congratulations. Isn't the new wireless keyboard and magic mouse just fantastic??

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I still like to read these stories.

Congrats on your new machine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
What? No pics? BOOO!! Congrats man!

OP
A
Reaction score
The 27in iMac is indeed amazing. Even the C2D for 1699.00 is such a great buy, its what i have. (I got mine before the quad core was available)

I also do alot of PS/LR/BR work, and i also use a tablet, but not a Cintiq, just an large Intuos3. And it all runs great.

Anyway, like the OP, I'm also a happy buyer.

PS: Congratulations. Isn't the new wireless keyboard and magic mouse just fantastic??

Oh do not start me on that hot piece of mouse! When I brought it out I was disappointed, I knew there was going to be a one click mouse but no wheel too? Then I turn it on and it has a "wheel", only it is like my iPhone and scrolls just by rubbing the plastic mouse I love it! Then you can turn two click on! And the aluminum keyboard! All without taking up a USB port!!!!!

Photoshop is amazing on this machine. I cannot get ove rjust how slow it was on my PC. I thougth it was just the norm, this is how slow the program went. I was gravely wrong! I am bamboosled, truly am! Only had it for four days and I believe it is already worth the 2 grand I dropped for it.

I also need to add I was apprehensive to buy it because of iPods. I have been using an iPod for years now and love them, but a new one seems to be coming out every other week and they seem to do the same with their othe rproducts to. I was happy with the quad Core specs though and really do believe I made the right decision in buying this wonderful computer.

What? No pics? BOOO!! Congrats man!
Haha, wehn I get home I will be glad to take a picture of my new mac and all of its glory! I really should take a nice picture and mount it on the wall somewhere I love it that much haha.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone
Just to warn you, there will be many more apple/mac purchases in your future. You now have the bug. LOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Oh do not start me on that hot piece of mouse! When I brought it out I was disappointed, I knew there was going to be a one click mouse but no wheel too? Then I turn it on and it has a "wheel", only it is like my iPhone and scrolls just by rubbing the plastic mouse I love it! Then you can turn two click on! And the aluminum keyboard! All without taking up a USB port!!!!!

If u want to extend the Magic Mouse check this out - Download MagicPrefs for Mac - Adds functions and options to the Apple Magic Mouse. MacUpdate Mac Software Downloads

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.