iDisk Local Copy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac i5 2.9 Ghz, 15" MBPro i7 2.0 Ghz, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, ATV2, ATV3, iPad2, iPad Mini
I use iDisk and if you select it to "Sync" under MobileMe System Preferences it will keep a "local synced copy" which is accessible even when not connected to the Internet.

Where exactly is this "local copy" of my iDisk Files kept?
I would like to make a copy of it for archiving purposes.
I believe that it is probably a "Sparse Bundle Disk Image" but don't quote me on that.

Any help would be appreciated.
DavidH

OP
DavidHH
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac i5 2.9 Ghz, 15" MBPro i7 2.0 Ghz, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, ATV2, ATV3, iPad2, iPad Mini
Found It

Someone on another forum pointed me to a Apple Discussion that told me where the SparseBundle Disk Image is located:
~/Library/FileSync folder.
See thread at Apple - Support - Discussions - iDisk sync - where are the local files? ...

I have now made a "backup copy" of the SparseBundle Disk Image.

REASON:
I keep two computers "synced" with these iDisk files and have recently experienced a problem where a couple of my files on iDisk were accidentally deleted by one computer. This mistake is immediately copied to the other computer right away if it is connected to the Internet.
I then became aware that I should have a "backup strategy" for these files.

DavidH

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone
When i turn on "iDisk Sync", it puts a network iDisk icon on my desktop.

Screen shot 2010-03-10 at 2.09.24 PM.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.