Could use some help in collecting data from a client's Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MBP 2.66, 750GB 7200RPM HD, 8GB RAM; iPhone4S 64GB; 32GB iPad, White, AT&T.
We have a client where we need to collect data off of there Mac. We typically get data from PC based systems, however, we cam across a Mac. The utility we typically use is Pinpoint Safecopy, however, it is based on M$ Robocopy.

Does anyone know of a software package that will allow me to copy file from a Mac OS to an external drive without hosing the metadata? Do not need the entire hard drive, just selected files.

Thank you in advanced.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Is the drive damaged in any way, or do you just need to access a mac formatted drive in a PC system?

OP
mtbinva
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac formatted files. These files will be emails, documents, pdf's etc...I just need a tool that will copy them forensically to an external drive. The documents reside on a Mac, make and model are unknown to me.

OP
mtbinva
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So, in my research, I found that Unix makes an "exact" copy of a file. The only metadata field that would change then is date accessed, however is to would seem that the date modified date created still remain unaltered.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.