Transferring website to iMac interface

Reaction score
I have a long running website which has been created on a PC using 'Web Express', an old HTML editor.

I'm currently thinking of investing in an iMAC so would like to know if it will be possible to transfer all my files to the MAC editor? Also, any pitfalls in doing this?

Hoping someone can advise.

Reaction score
What does WebExpress save the files as? There are several HTML editors for OS X, but ifW.E. creates a project file in some proprietary format like iWeb, you'll probably be out of luck.

OP
L
Reaction score
In Web Express you have to create a folder for your website and all files are stored in there. Guess this means that importing into the mac interface is a no-goer?

What does WebExpress save the files as? There are several HTML editors for OS X, but ifW.E. creates a project file in some proprietary format like iWeb, you'll probably be out of luck.

OP
L
Reaction score
If the files are .html and/or .css they should work. If not... then yeah, SOL.

Many thanks for your replies.

The files are .htm so fingers crossed. Might pop a couple on a USB stick and take them down to an Apple store to test.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.