Can a Mac OSX Leopard using windows server?

Reaction score
Hello!
My boss is thinking about changing all the PC's in our office to mac's. And ofcourse since it was my idee he put me in charge of it... O:)

Right now we are having a Windows Server 2008 that we use for our dusty old PC's, but our boss (who actually have a mac already...:Grimmace:) can't acces our server :|

So my two main questions are as follow:
  1. Can he somehow connect to our server and be able to share our files.
  2. And if we do switch the PC's for mac's (which I do hope we will :p), will we be able to keep the server as it is???

Other options are always welcome!

Reaction score
he needs to connect using smb unless you have the apple protocols installed and enabled on the server.
ie: in connect to server the address needs to be entered like
smb://server/share
Also unless you have full access for everybody he will need to enter a valid username/password for the share and may need to specify the domain in the username as well.

OP
K
Reaction score
he needs to connect using smb unless you have the apple protocols installed and enabled on the server.
ie: in connect to server the address needs to be entered like
smb://server/share
Also unless you have full access for everybody he will need to enter a valid username/password for the share and may need to specify the domain in the username as well.

Alright. So by doing this we can keep the server as it is and just buy new mac's and it will work perfectly well?

Thanks alot!!! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.