Operating System won't install

Reaction score
Alright so I am going to try and make this as detailed as possible. I run on a MacBook Pro Intel based. 10.5 Leopard. I needed to wipe out my hard drive and restore my mac to the factory state. I got some instructions on the apple website and I followed them perfectly. here is exactly what i was told to do and this is what i did do. I inserted the restore cd that was in the box along with my mac book when i first bought it. then when i restarted it i pressed "C" this triggered it to load from the cd that i had put in. the apple logo came up with the spinning dial underneath it. I selected English and clicked continue. then I picked Erase and Install. The screen came up and said checking dvd to see if its stable something like that. after that completed it began installing. the bar only moved a little bit and my mac shut off. i tried again and the same thing happened. Can someone please help. Thanks

OP
N
Reaction score
No it never goes to an old os.

and neither of the things you told me to do worked.

yes, and i picked "erase and install"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.4C2D/4GB/250GB
what does it do when you try to start it now?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Was it on battery at the time (I know dumb question, but I gotta ask)

"Is it pluged in" is the first question I always ask when trouble shooting any powered device. The second is " Are you sure"

Clay

OP
N
Reaction score
yes, it was plugged in.

yes, i am sure cause it prompts you to do that a lot.

when i boot it goes to the apple logo with the dial underneath it and then tries to install the OS again. It's to the certain point now where it will actually start to install it but the bar won't move at all.

I bought this from best buy and purchased the black tie protection i believe this will be a job for them. haha.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Before you install the OS avter you press C to boot of the DVD have you done a hard drive repair with disk utility? That usually points out any major issues. And if it does point something out, write it down so when you take it in to get repaired you have a starting point for them to fix it.

OP
N
Reaction score
i checked the hard drive and it came back saying it was okay.

Reaction score
If there is no data on the HD that you need you could try repartitioning it to an empty OSX partition before installing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.