Pentium III 1Ghz 512 MB RAM beats new Mac G5 2.7 dual CPU 512 MB RAM

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz Black 4GB;iPod Touch 8GB;iPod mini 4GB silver;Logitech MX1000;
see it all worked out ok

OP
S

swanny338

I've got 4gigs in my Dual 2.7... this thing hauls *** on everything, I would highly recommend getting some more RAM, I got 2x512Mb pre installed and added the other three later, I totally noticed a huge difference. You really need the extra ram to bring both your processors to full potential

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
swanny338 said:
I've got 4gigs in my Dual 2.7...... I got 512Mb pre installed and added the other three later.....

Eh, 512MB plus 3GB makes approx. 3.5GB, not 4... :cool:
:p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
When things get weird, repair permissions. After every software update, and about every 2 weeks: close all apps and log totally off. Log on, go in Finder, Applications. Utilities, Disk Utility. After the message -getting disk information- select volume (below the hard drive name -upper left corner). Just highlight it. Now look to the lower two things are there near the middle, verify permissions, repair permissions. Click repair permissions

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
Avalon said:
Just a little hint: Even a Mac is only a computer, and no, OS X is not perfect, and has bugs just like every other system has...

Which is why even 2 million euro IBM servers have a big yellow button. :black:

Amen-Moses

OP
J

Joe Feldman

Count-Macula,

You're right, I was out of my mind at that time. You'll see in the thread that I was experiencing something really unusual and buggy behavior at the time.

Yes, I got sick of all the Spyware and registry crap and that's why I'm making a very wise change over to Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Just a reminder to all of you that profanity is not permitted nor are personal flames. I have deleted the offending posts in this thread.

Please play nice everyone!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5 1GB RAM Superdrive; 12" powerbook 512mb RAM G4 Superdrive
Sorry everyone, I was having a really bad day.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.