cleaning anti glare screen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro with 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3, 500GB Serial ATA @ 7200 rpm, HiRes AntiGla
hey whats the best way to clean an anti glare screen on a macpro?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 in MacBook Pro, anti glare screen and an iPhone 4
i use eyeglass cleaner on a paper towel..is that going to get me booted off the forum now? LOL

i seriously LOVE my anti-glare screen, it was so worth the extra money:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15"
When my MBP (2008 15.4) is shut down and the screen is black - I notice some dust under the clear plastic.
I hope it doesn't get worse. I won't even try to open that part...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
You can purchase screen-cleaning kits at computer supply stores or your local electronics outlet, but they are expensive and the stores aren't always convenient.

Here is a really inexpensive and simple suggestion. All you need are four items:
Spray bottle
Distilled water
White vinegar or isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol
Clean, soft cloth

Mix the distilled water and the vinegar or alcohol. (Never use tap water. Tap water has minerals in it that will leave streaks.) The best ratio is 1:1, which would be like a half-cup of distilled water and a half-cup of vinegar or alcohol. Put the mixture into the spray bottle.

Make sure the LCD screen or television is turned off. It is much easier to see the dirt with the screen turned off.

Spray the mixture onto the soft clean cloth. Never spray the mixture directly onto the screen. The screen is delicate and that much force could damage the screen. Now gently wipe the screen with the dampened cloth. Start at the top of the screen, and very gently make your way down the screen. Let your screen dry before turning it back on. This will only be a few seconds.

A couple of hints that will help keep your screen lasting longer:

Remember not to touch the screen with your fingers or hands. The oil and dirt from your hands can damage the screen by burning the pixels out. Just like your mother used to tell you, keep your hands to yourself.

If all you need is a quick dusting of the LCD screen, try using anti-static and anti-cling sheets that are used for the dryer. They are great for removing the dust without damaging the screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15"
You can purchase screen-cleaning kits at computer supply stores or your local electronics outlet, but they are expensive and the stores aren't always convenient.

Here is a really inexpensive and simple suggestion. All you need are four items:
Spray bottle
Distilled water
White vinegar or isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol
Clean, soft cloth

Mix the distilled water and the vinegar or alcohol. (Never use tap water. Tap water has minerals in it that will leave streaks.) The best ratio is 1:1, which would be like a half-cup of distilled water and a half-cup of vinegar or alcohol. Put the mixture into the spray bottle.

Make sure the LCD screen or television is turned off. It is much easier to see the dirt with the screen turned off.

Spray the mixture onto the soft clean cloth. Never spray the mixture directly onto the screen. The screen is delicate and that much force could damage the screen. Now gently wipe the screen with the dampened cloth. Start at the top of the screen, and very gently make your way down the screen. Let your screen dry before turning it back on. This will only be a few seconds.

A couple of hints that will help keep your screen lasting longer:

Remember not to touch the screen with your fingers or hands. The oil and dirt from your hands can damage the screen by burning the pixels out. Just like your mother used to tell you, keep your hands to yourself.

If all you need is a quick dusting of the LCD screen, try using anti-static and anti-cling sheets that are used for the dryer. They are great for removing the dust without damaging the screen.

I'm out of vinegar - can I use olive oil?

I usually use my sleeve to wipe the dust off.
I'm a rebel, I know.

From Apple's website:
Important: The MacBook Pro power adapter port contains a magnet that can erase data on your credit card, iPod, or other device. To preserve your data, keep magnetically sensitive items away from the power adapter port.
That's not true. Credit cards are hi-co = hi coercivity. It takes 4,000 Oe to change the data on a HI-CO card. There's no way the magsafe end can put out that much magnetism. just FYI.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15"
What about a dishwasher? It did a very good job on my car's floor mats and windshield wipers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.