Macbook Pro - Win 7 - What's your Experience Index?

Reaction score
I have a recent Macbook Pro 13". These are my stats:

5.8, 5.5, 5.3. 5.5, 5.3

What are yours?

Just want to make sure I'm getting the most out of my setup.

How much of a difference will upgrading from 2 to 4gb of memory do?

Is it worth it to pay more for the fastest memory?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
What are you talking about?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.4C2D/4GB/250GB
How much of a difference will upgrading from 2 to 4gb of memory do?

Is it worth it to pay more for the fastest memory?

depends on what your using your mac for.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS
I was tempted to say "Over nine thousand," but decided against it. If your experience thingy is high or low, does that really matter? I mean... are there computers sold nowadays that can't run things? Is it truly possible that SMP computers with multiple gigabytes of RAM can be incapable of doing things we did a few years ago on half of that?

Reaction score
Care to clue us in on this experience index? I haven't the slightest idea what is being referred to here.

Reaction score
It is a thing Microsoft started putting in vista and continued into windows 7 to tell you "how good" your computer is

I get a lowest score of 3.8 in windows 7 under parallels and i haven't tested since the upgrade of ram and hard drive under bootcamp it used to be a 5.4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It is a thing Microsoft started putting in vista and continued into windows 7 to tell you "how good" your computer is

I get a lowest score of 3.8 in windows 7 under parallels and i haven't tested since the upgrade of ram and hard drive under bootcamp it used to be a 5.4

I know what it is. I just don't know if I'm convinced that it measures anything meaningful in the modern world. Like I said, I just can't conceptualize of software really needing all the hardware we have nowadays.

I think I made the point somewhere else, but... when a dual-core 2.24GHz computer with 4GB of RAM is "okay" for word processing and "has a little slowdown" on the internet of all things, then something is wrong.

Reaction score
O i have to agree with you that the Index experience is pretty pointless. I think it gives people that don't know much about computers a simple way to judge the difference between several models in the store.

Yes i have to say the average user has got a lot more power than they need.

Reaction score
O i have to agree with you that the Index experience is pretty pointless. I think it gives people that don't know much about computers a simple way to judge the difference between several models in the store.

Indeed, it sounds like a great selling device. I haven't tested my parallels windows 7 installation yet. Might do it later for laughs.

Reaction score
I tested it for comparisons sake between bootcamp and it and was surprised it scored that high.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
By the way, you guys know that 7 is just Vista with a new taskbar, right? ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I had one of the biggest laughs of my life when I ran the experience index on my MBP 15 running W7. I was comparing my mbp to my friends new "gaming desktop" just for fun. The only thing that was better on his was with his graphics card, which only raised his gc score by .2!!!! LOLOLOL!!! Needless to say, everyone got quite in the room because they expected the huge tower pc to dominate in everything….LOL

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.