ibook G3

Reaction score
I have very little knowledge about the complexity/specificity of computers. That being said, I have an ibook G3 that still runs pretty well and I would like to upgrade it to Tiger. However, before doing that I would like to restore/reset my hard drive to remove all of the garbage that has taken up memory. Would the apple store (or myself) be able to do that? If so, how?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Have you researched how much it's going to cost you to upgrade to Tiger?

If you don't already have the Tiger OS install disks...they're going to cost you at least $100....maybe more.

Good luck,

- Nick

OP
S
Reaction score
would zapata

Yes, I have researched the simple questions, like cost. I just need to know if there is a way to reset my hard drive and if I can do it myself or have apple do it for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.4C2D/4GB/250GB
you can certainly upgrade yourself. all you need is the tiger disk's. when you do a clean install of tiger it will make it like the day it was new. no information left behind.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Yes, I have researched the simple questions, like cost. I just need to know if there is a way to reset my hard drive and if I can do it myself or have apple do it for me.

What do you mean by "reset your hard drive"...completely erase it?...or save some of the files?

In either case...this is VERY simple...and since you have already "researched the simple questions"...then you should already know how to do this.

Good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.