New Mac Mini internet help needed

Reaction score
I just bought a new Mac Mini with an Airport Extreme in it. So far I love it except for the internet capabilities. I have two network locations, automatic and manual. Loading web pages is incredibly frustrating. All I seem to get is:

Safari can’t connect to the server.
Safari can’t open the page “http://www.google.com” because Safari can’t connect to the server “www.google.com”.

It takes several attempts to reload the page before I get anything recognizable and even then pages don't always load normally. I downloaded Google Chrome to see if there would be any difference but I get the same problem. This issue is keeping me from truly loving my new Mac. The display machine at the store didn't seem to have this problem. Is there any way to just have the internet work like it should? When I change network locations from automatic to manual I can get pages to load instantly but after a few minutes I get that error again. Thanks in advance.

OP
L
Reaction score
nevermind, I plugged in my usb ethernet adapter and things are running much much faster.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.