I can't Keep My Hands Off!

Reaction score
Hi All

First time here first post. I have been a very long, long time user of PC's.
I go as far back as the Vic20 if anybody remembers that far back. Last year at about this same time I bought a new Gateway in that year the first month I had returned it back to best buy for repairs they gave me a new one. 4 months later you guessed it broke again had to replace DVD rom drive. Two months ago it broke again now it just sets in a corner.

I said that now is the time for a change. I went out did the research and was trying to decide between the 27" iMac Quad i5 or the Mac pro. The two machines were so close in performance and the fact that one came with a monitor and the other did not I opted for the 27" Quad i5.

It has been 3 weeks and OMG! What a machine. None of the problems that I had read and seen on You Tube. No flickering no yellow screen I just turned it on waited for the boot.

I just ordered the Adobe Suite should be here next week and I will be in business at a whole new level.

I am a freelance airbrush and digital graphic artist and I cant wait to get this iMac cranking out some art.

I plan on being here for a while if you will have me because I have a lot to learn.

Thanks for letting me ramble
damigg (pronounced damage) stands for D A Marsh imaging Great Graphics

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 2.66GHz i5, 1TB HDD, 12GB RAM, OS X 10.7.3, iPod Classic 160GB,iPad 1 64GB Wi-fi, iPhone 4S
I have the 27" iMac i5 as well, and I am sure you will love the machine. Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new baby.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS
I have about ten Macs. Around seven of them work, maybe six of them are truly useful, and I only use four. Only two of those are from this century. Only one of them is Intel. I'm crazy, I really am.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
damigg (pronounced damage)

If you say so. Are you related to Brett Favre? ;)

Welcome to Mac-Forums. You'll find lots of competent assistance here, if you need it. But, you really should try to take a break from sitting at that new Mac every month or so, whether you feel like it or not! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
welcome aboard .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Welcome, and glad you're enjoying life on the enlightened side.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.