2006 macbook

Reaction score
hello everyone, im new to the forums so please excuse my ignorance.

I bought a black macbook in 2006 and have run into a few problems over the years. First of all my disk drive doesnt seem to be working. when i place a disk in to the drive it sounds like it is trying to read the disk but after a couple tries it just spits it right out.

The battery is also defective and has been for a while now. I cant even use this computer as a "laptop" anymore because it needs to be plugged in all the time.

Now my current problem is connecting a 23" acer 1080p monitor to this 2006 macbook. Is it possible?

C

chas_m

Given the issues with the machine, have you considered replacing it? I would.

But yes, using the mini-DVI to DVI adapter connected to a DVI cord, should work fine.

OP
D
Reaction score
hah actually yes i have im in the process of looking for a new laptop. waiting around for a good deal, any suggestions?

i ordered a mini dvi to dvi connector off of amazon. tried connecting the laptop to the monitor, it actually seems to notice that something is plugged in but then says "no signal"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.4C2D/4GB/250GB
look through the menu on the monitor. maybe its not seeing the signal that your inputting.
make sure that you have all the current apple updates

OP
D
Reaction score
my thought on this was that maybe the macbook doesnt support the resolution of the acer monitor, could this be?

OP
D
Reaction score
i cant access the menu on the monitor because after i plug it in the monitor says no signal for a couple seconds then goes to sleep. so when i press menu nothing happens

*** i think the mini dvi to dvi adapter i got off amazon was a bad choice. I will try buying the apple brand one and hope that works.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.4C2D/4GB/250GB
my thought on this was that maybe the macbook doesnt support the resolution of the acer monitor, could this be?

unless its some crazy high resolution no.

Reaction score
You got 4 years out of the macbook...thats not bad.

I would consider selling it for a couple hundred bucks to a guy who wants to put time into it or wants to use it as parts, and take that $200 and put ti twoards a unibody macbook.

I wouldnt be upset about a 4 year run with one of these things.

OP
D
Reaction score
vander when

good advice. i was thinking about getting a new macbook anyways, besides i would get a student discount as well because i am currently enrolled. either way i needed a new adapter anyways so we'll see if it works this time around.

****Anyone interested in a 2006 macbook with a broken disk drive, some loose keys and a lame battery. other than that it is in great shape (except for some minor scratches);D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.