MacBook Pro - keyboard backlight, windows 7, bootcamp

Reaction score
I finally installed the Jan 2010 bootcamp update and I see that I have the trackpad tap and better wireless lan control and the light coming out of the headphone jack is off, but there's still no way to turn off the backlit keyboard, I can only dim it down. Will this eventually be addressed? Are there any 3rd party utilities to turn it off? Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i7 MBP, iMac, iPhone
I finally installed the Jan 2010 bootcamp update and I see that I have the trackpad tap and better wireless lan control and the light coming out of the headphone jack is off, but there's still no way to turn off the backlit keyboard, I can only dim it down. Will this eventually be addressed? Are there any 3rd party utilities to turn it off? Thanks in advance.
I heard there is a fix on apples site.

Reaction score
so you can't turn it off with the F8 (or fn+F8) key?

mine works just fine with that key - it completely disables the backlight until I use the F9 or F10 keys to illuminate it again.

I'm using the latest bootcamp release from Apple running Win7

OP
N
Reaction score
I finally turned it off by killing the bootcamp process, sleep and wake.

Trackpad button only right clicks afterwards, but I have a mouse.

It'll do for now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.