• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Converting movies for the internet

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac i3 3.06Ghz, 4GB Ram, Snow Leopard 10.6.4
I have a selection of movies i have made with iMovie and wish to add them to a website I have made in iMovie.

What are my options as i am currently not happy with the file sizes i am getting?

I really am not worried what format they are in just as long as they can be included on my website.

The videos range in size and length and so preferably i would like a program or a method in which i can play with the output video size and bitrate etc to achieve a result that is both small enough in file size to publish on the internet and also retain a fairly good quality, instead of the small,medium + large options i seem to be offered in iMovie and Quick Time X.

Help and guidance fully appreciated - if you need any further info please ask away.

Thanks in advance

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac i3 3.06Ghz, 4GB Ram, Snow Leopard 10.6.4
I think I found what I need.

Export with quick time option under the share menu in iMovie. Seems to have all the possible encoding options I could ever need.

just need to find a balance between size/quality now.

any help with this?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.