What's the Best Free Antispyware Program for iBook G4?

A

AuDioFreaK39

Hi,
I am new to the mac world, because I am a Windows user, but have the opportunity to set up and use an iBookG4. I want to know, however, what you thought the best free antispyware program is. I know for Windows, there are four of them that must be used simultaneously (Adaware SE, Spybot, MS Antispyware, Spyware Blaster), so if there is more than one program I must use, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
You won't need any adware/spyware protection for you Mac. There isn't any adware or spyware to worry about. :black:

Reaction score
windows is like the matrix, forget what you know your in the mac world now.. :) no spyware

OP
A

Abira_Kam

....... he.(laughing).... macos is the most protected os.....but ...widget is a good chance to infect mac ))))

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac G5/Powerbook G4/Pegasos 2
Abira_Kam said:
....... he.(laughing).... macos is the most protected os.....but ...widget is a good chance to infect mac ))))

Yeah thats why i havent used any new ones. 10.4.1 sort of fixed it. OS X now asks before it starts one for the first time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
The best AntiSpyware tool that comes free with every new mac is OS X.

No Spyware. No Viruses. With included Firewall.

Don't bother with any anti-* programs, they're a complete waste of money for most users.

Anti-Spyware for mac is complete rubbish and anti-virus programs only make sense if you're worried about manually passing on PC Viruses (that can't hurt your mac and would have to be manually transferred by the user).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook g4 1.33, 768 ram
i used virex with panther. has anyone used it with tiger yet?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i tried to install virex once and i got the kernel panic and it did want to boot. had to archive and re-install, all was saved accept for the admin account settings.

this thread also made me happy to have my mac cause i spent most of my spare time this week re-loading a PC laptop and trying to get anti-virus for my PC.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.