My MBP doesn't start up

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS
Hold down Shift when you power on and hold it down. This should boot the system in safe mode. If that doesn't work, let me know.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The system can't find a bootable device. Your hard drive may be at fault. Try doing this:

Boot your MBP with your original install DVD. You do that by either holding down the C key after the chime or hold down the OPTION key and select the DVD to boot from.

After it boots with the DVD, escape out of the install process and select "Utilities", "Disk Utility" from the top menu. Click on the First Aid tab and select the verify and repair option.

If Disk Utilities can not "see" your hard drive, that's usually an indication of a failed drive. You will need to replace the drive and restore your data from backup (if you have one).

Regards.

OP
W
Reaction score
Thanks, the hard drive is broken, I lost all my data. :(
The system can't find a bootable device. Your hard drive may be at fault. Try doing this:

Boot your MBP with your original install DVD. You do that by either holding down the C key after the chime or hold down the OPTION key and select the DVD to boot from.

After it boots with the DVD, escape out of the install process and select "Utilities", "Disk Utility" from the top menu. Click on the First Aid tab and select the verify and repair option.

If Disk Utilities can not "see" your hard drive, that's usually an indication of a failed drive. You will need to replace the drive and restore your data from backup (if you have one).

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.