Bonjour for Windows

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not yet
I've got my PC hooked up via an Ethernet cable to Time Capsule. It connects ok as I can access the Internet, no problem. I cannot, however, print. I've installed Bonjour for Windows on the PC, but can't find anything that allows me to configure the printer. The instructions from Apple reference a "Bonjour Printer Wizard" on the desktop. I can't locate it. Help!

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Can't test it with my current setup but I all I had to do was install the Bonjour for Windows software then follow the usual
Windows printer installation.

Which version of Windows are you using?

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not yet
I'm running Windows XP Pro, v. 5.1. It's weird because I've loaded Bonjour a couple of times and it appears to load alright. Just can't locate the printer wizard (or anything else related to Bonjour). I did a search of my entire C-drive and the only think it located was the "read me" file and the program installer.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not yet
Thanks for that link, Slydude. It's clear I'm not the only one who's had this problem, but I'm still struggling. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the Time Capsule/AirPort disk on my PC. It's clear that AirPort is installed, but I apparently still need to find and then activate the printer via Bonjour. Here's what the Apple support page says about using Bonjour with Windows:

"Bonjour for Windows includes a plugin to discover advertised HTTP servers using Internet Explorer. Click the Bonjour icon in the Internet Explorer toolbar to enable Bonjour browsing. If you have Bonjour devices on your local network with embedded HTTP (Web) servers, they will appear in the list.
"

I've poured over my Internet Explorer toolbar (and about every place else I could think of) and there's not a Bonjour icon to be found. Any other suggestions? Thanks again for your help and patience.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not yet
Whoops, that yellow highlight didn't work too well. What I meant to emphasize there was:

"Click the Bonjour icon in the Internet Explorer toolbar to enable Bonjour browsing"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.