iMovie 08 - Extending picture duration to match lengthy narration?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MB, Leopard, 2.1 GHz processor, 1 GB RAM, 144 mb integrated VRAM, bluetooth.
Hi, everyone. I'm working on a project, and it's my first time using iMovie 08. I need to extend my pictures' durations to match lengthy monologues being recorded in GarageBand. However, when I type "2:00" it is read as 2 seconds and "2:00:00" is 1.01 seconds. I need to make the pictures last the full time as the narration. I at least need the full narrations. What should I do?

OP
PowerofUNIX
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MB, Leopard, 2.1 GHz processor, 1 GB RAM, 144 mb integrated VRAM, bluetooth.
*Bump sorry guys but this is rather important that I get an answer to this rapidly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
If it's 2 minutes you want try 120 (seconds).

OP
PowerofUNIX
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I tried that already and it didn't work. I think there is a limit to how large of a time duration you can set. So, I worked around it by setting the highest time I could get to work and just copying and pasting the image a few times. It's not perfect, but it worked.

If anyone has a permanent, better solution to this problem, please contribute. Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.