when is the best time to buy a macbook?

Reaction score
I am getting ready to buy a macbook, but i am afraid as soon as i do a better model will be available. So when is the bust time to buy?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
I just wanted to add, There is never a bad time to buy a Mac. I'm stilling using my old 1.83Ghz Core2Duo Macbook and it suits me just fine, There are some folks still using the 1st generation iPhone with no problems either. Anything you buy today will give you several years of good use.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I am getting ready to buy a macbook, but i am afraid as soon as i do a better model will be available. So when is the bust time to buy?

This can be a concern...but when is the best time to buy is anyone's guess. The best time to buy is when you need a better or more capable computer.

Otherwise wait until new models are released...then the next day run to the Apple Store, pay top dollar for it...and then you will be sure that nothing new will be released 2 days in a row!;)

But then 3-6 months after you get this BRAND NEW laptop...don't complain when Apple reduces the price. Because that happens as well.

Hope this helps,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS
Bargsbeer is right. It's always the best time. I can add to it... I'm still using Apple computers from the 20th Century daily.

For real work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
If you are one of those people who hates buying something and then have a newer version come out a few days later then you have to plan ahead before buying. It also comes down to whether you want to wait or not.

If you are willing to wait then the best time to buy is right after the new versions are released or sometime close to that. Just keep in mind that Apple usually updates their laptops roughly every 8 months. This way you can plan for the future a little when your next upgrade purchase comes up.

If you really need it now then you will be frustrated with the waiting because Apple doesn't release their computers exactly on a specific time frame. Sometimes the newer computers come earlier than expected and sometimes they come later.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Bargsbeer is right. It's always the best time. I can add to it... I'm still using Apple computers from the 20th Century daily.

For real work.

That's a really good point, I know several people who still use the original iMac'.
the G5 and the Powerbook line are still very popular. One of my Dad's Mac' is a 700Mhz eMac G4 he uses everyday.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
That's a really good point, I know several people who still use the original iMac'.
the G5 and the Powerbook line are still very popular. One of Dad's Mac' is a 700Mhz eMac G4 he uses everyday.
There is also a difference between want and need. Most people don't need the latest fastest computer. They just want one.

The OP's concern is that he doesn't want a new one to come out soon after he buys one. It doesn't seem like he's overly concerned about the specs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.