ipod scratches

OP
T

TylerMoney

Umm..anything you throw in your pocket without some kind of protection is going to get scratched up. The iPod looks very nices, and is made with very, what seems to be, softish plastic. This looks good, but may cause it to be more easily scratched. Now I have yet to actually buy my iPod, but it's coming. I know that I figure I could polish out the scratches somehow...have friends that know a lot about that stuff. I plan on getting some kind of clear case..or making my own...and putting my beauty into a safe place.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
Just a few weeks after getting my new iPod, it was scratched to ****...and I wasn't real happy about it. Well about a month later it died...completely. I took it to the Apple store and after some testing, they promptly gave me a brand new one, no questions asked. While I was there, I picked up a rubber white permanent sleeve for it. I got home, put on some gloves and carefully put my new iPod straight into its new case. My new iPod doesn't have a single scratch nor fingerprint, and I've had it for months now. Also, the rubber casing has really limited the shock of when you set it down or bump into something...I think it will help the life of the drive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.