• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple World’s Most Admired Company

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Apple World’s Most Admired Company

World's Most Admired Companies: Who does business trust? - Mar. 4, 2010

So which company does business admire most? Even among this select group there is a clear leader: For the third straight year Apple (AAPL, Fortune 500) takes the No. 1 spot -- this time by the highest margin ever, according to Hay Group, the management consulting firm that collaborates with Fortune on the list. Indeed, in 2009, 51% of corporate leaders surveyed said they admired Apple, an unprecedented majority.

C

chas_m

Great stuff, particularly when you consider that this is NOT the opinion of consumers (who also hold Apple in very high regard) but of OTHER businesses -- ie their commercial peers.

But why shouldn't they? Apple makes great products, high profits, great return on investment, constantly reinvents themselves, is a major influencer far beyond the computer world, drives technology forward and has an insanely loyal customer base.

Show me a business that doesn't want to be in that position (apart from Microsoft, apparently!) :)

Reaction score
I reside in Glasgow, Scotland.

Having bought an iMac from Apple’s Glasgow store, I tried this morning to activate my One-to-One membership online. For some reason, only the One-to-one page would not work for me. I contacted Apple’s support desk, who informed me that my browser (Internet Explorer 8) was having issues with the Apple web page.

The Support Desk told me to phone the Glasgow store who would arrange for an appointment to be made for a One-to-One introduction.
On calling the Glasgow store, I spoke to ‘Kelly’ and told her what Apple Support had told me. Nevertheless, Kelly refused to accept a telephone booking. I asked her if a supervisor was available and she informed me, “There’s no-one here.”

I asked her if ‘Gordon’ the team leader was available (he is the member of staff who sold me the iMac). Kelly told me that she could not give me this information over the phone. I asked her when Gordon would be on duty but she refused to divulge this information.

At this point, my patience was exhausted and I subsequently made my way into Glasgow City Centre, where I visited the Apple store. Spoke to Gordon (yes, he was on duty)!!! And he confirmed that staff are not permitted to say when a named person is on duty. According to Gordon, anyone could phone up and then make their way to the store and accost that member of staff. Give me strength!!! Have you ever heard the likes of it? A customer phones up, gives details of his newly purchased computer (serial number, etc) and asks to speak to the salesman who sold him the computer – and the company adopt a Secret Squirrel policy.

The best bit was when Kelly advised me to stop using my Windows PC and use the iMac to activate the One-to-One membership online. I asked her how she expected me to be able operate an iMac when I had never used one in my life. After all, that’s why I was trying to activate the One-to-One membership (so that I could learn how to install, register and work the machine). Mind you, I had already explained to her that I had never worked a Mac before.

I had been assured by friends that an Apple iMac was the Rolls Royce of machines. However, what I experienced today was not a good advert for the staff/company policy. I expected at least some basic help from the Glasgow staff when on the phone to them. I sincerely trust that this isn’t a taster for what’s to come.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Powa, hang in there man. We are all more than glad to lend a helping hand.

As for Apple, good for them. They deserve it.

C

chas_m

I have to point out that you could have easily solved this problem yourself on your PC by simply using Firefox instead of AYIEEE8.

I'm not sure why the Glasgow store has adopted this odd policy, but I think you'll find the larger "Mac community" much more welcoming and friendly.

Reaction score
I'm surprised that Apple beat out Google for the #1 spot. It's also odd how you can combine all these different industries into one for this list.

For example, how can you compare the trustfulness factor (or whatever) of Apple with that of Berkshire Hathaway ?)

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
And here is more proof. I found this posted today.

jobs-1.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.