• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

1080p HD iMovie project import problems...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro with 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3, 500GB Serial ATA @ 7200 rpm, HiRes AntiGla
So I filmed a bunch of stuff from the zoo today and was all excited about creating an HD movie in iMovie. I remember last time I imported hd video that when I finished and uploaded it to youtube, it wasn't in HD.

I've done a bit of research before bed and i think I found out that with iMovie 9 I can only import videos that are 720. Could anyone explain to me how to import my 1080p videos into iMovie and export them in 1080p?

Another question I had was that I saw something about stabilization when importing. Would that make my videos not as shakey? And since i'v already copied my videos onto my macbook, do I have to plug the HD webbie back in to import them in hd?

Thanks for any help guys!!!

Reaction score
i will help

if you want to import it set the file's on your desktop.
then go into the menu and look for import.
Don't choose import from camera but import!
then choose the file's and there it is!

C

chas_m

I've done a bit of research before bed and i think I found out that with iMovie 9 I can only import videos that are 720.

No, iMovie will work with 1080 files just fine.

Could anyone explain to me how to import my 1080p videos into iMovie and export them in 1080p?

Surely the help file in iMovie will cover this better than I can, but as for importing you'll have to share with us a little more info. Are these videos coming in via the camera you shot them on, or are the files already on the computer? What format are they shot in, what model camera, etc.

For exporting, the "Share" menu is your friend.

Another question I had was that I saw something about stabilization when importing. Would that make my videos not as shakey?

Yes, again I refer you to the help file for this, but here's a web page explaining it as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.