Windows 7 & Bluetooth Keyboard

Reaction score
I've wrestled quite a few issues with this combo since I got my iMac. I ended up using a microsoft wired keyboard and mouse to install Windows 7. I had a real tough time getting the apple bluetooth keyboard in Windows 7 to work. But here are my two issues now.

1. Every time I restart Windows 7, I get the little installing new hardware bubble in the lower right hand corner and it wants to reinstall my bluetooth keyboard, which fails. Then I need to remove the driver and then reinstall it, then it works. I feel like I shouldn't have to do that every time.

2. When I restart the computer to switch between OS X and Windows 7, I hold the option button my keyboard, but its like the bluetooth keyboard isn't on yet. So I need to hook up a wired keyboard to do the switch. I know in OS X I can just set it to restart to a certain partition but I don't think that option is in Windows 7. Is there another way of doing this without having to keep a second wired keyboard plugged in for switching OS's?

Thanks for the reading the long post!

Thanks in advance for the help!

OP
G
Reaction score
Thanks pjhutch, the bootpicker is exactly what I needed. I now can select which OS i want w/o keeping an extra usb keyboard around. THX!

Now if I could just not have to uninstall then reinstall my keyboard drivers every time I log into windows, i'd be set

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.