upgraded HDD and have problems, Please help

Reaction score
I read most of the posts and still have some questions about my backup.

I have a macbook originally with Tiger on it. My boss bought a copy of Snow leapord and I have since upgraded. I purchased a 500GB HDD to replace my 120GB HDD.

I performed a time machine backup to a Iomega 320 GB external HDD and all was well. I put the 500 GB HDD in and installed tiger on it because I figured I would have to get it back to an operating system to boot my time machine backup from. Well Tiger does not have Time Machine so I cannot go and reboot all my old setup with Snow Leapard.

I went back and did a Carbon Copy Cloner but I guess I did not do a Bootable backup so I still have no idea how to get my settings back to normal.

If I could get some help on this subject, it would greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

EDIT::: Second option, if possible could I install snow Leopard back onto my computer and just use time machine to boot back up from a previous time?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Welcome to Mac Forums
What you need to do is boot from the external CCC clone that you did, by holding option down as you hear the startup chime, and select the CCC drive.
Then open CCC and clone back to the internal drive.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. One question though. Do I need to go back and make a backup on CCC with the option to "delete files" checked from the original HDD. Because i also have on the external a folder of important pictures and documents along with a time machine back up files. This is in addition to the CCC backup

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
You have a new HD, and the old HD, and an external HD or am I wrong?

Clone from existing HD to the new exteral HD in an enclosure, and then install the new HD.
After this if you want to transfer pics, ducuments etc, and not everything else on the external HD, then you just drag them manually from the external to the internal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you have the clone on your external HD, then you can just boot from that, open CCC, select that as the source and the new Macintosh HD as the Target, and yes, select the delete files that don't exist on the source.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks for all your help. I got it up and running with tons more room to run around. Thanks much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pleasure.
Sorry for my confusing posts.
I had a late night and was woken up early by a lawn mower and was a bit dazed :Confused:
Anyway, glad you found your way through my messy instructions and got it going :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.