Help me decide imac or PB

F

frocco

Hello,

I want a powerbook 12 or 15
But for the money, the Imac 17 G5 seems like a better buy.

I do programming and some games like Medal of Honor.
I can get last years powerbook for 1350.00 for the 12 and 1700.00 for the 15

What would you do?

Thanks
Frank

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac C2D 24" and MB C2D
it all depends on how you plan to use your mac. i, for example, use my mac on the go a lot (take it to the library, class, around the house, etc) and so i opted for the powerbook. in a few years i will probably get an iMac as I will not need to move around as much after college. Give us a little information about how/what you will use your mac for, and I'm sure someone will give you some insight.

OP
F

frocco

amendolair said:
it all depends on how you plan to use your mac. i, for example, use my mac on the go a lot (take it to the library, class, around the house, etc) and so i opted for the powerbook. in a few years i will probably get an iMac as I will not need to move around as much after college. Give us a little information about how/what you will use your mac for, and I'm sure someone will give you some insight.

Right now, I plan to do web programming and play some games with my son, like Medal of Honor and Doom3.

I'd hate to buy a PB and then have apple come out with a G5 version.
although from what I read, heating would be a problem.

Is the G5 that much faster than a G4?
I play guitar and would like to use my mac to help me improve and create music.

Thanks

Frank

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.