Cant partition my Hard Drive

Qas

Reaction score
Hi, Im trying to dual boot with windows 7 on my macbook pro, but im having trouble. When i ever i click to partition hard drive, it loads for a while then i get this error message:

bc.jpg

So i go into disk utilities and check whats wrong, but apparently the hard disk is already a single Journaled volume as seen here: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b202/Qasim_/bc2.jpg..

So i dont know whats wrong.... Im using snow leopard v10.6, and i HAVE dual booted before (though that was before i started using snow leopard), so its not like my hard drive has never done it before... Or maybe thats part of the problem? i dont know really. If anyone has any advice id really appreciate it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
I can't say exactly what's wrong either. But if it were my problem, I'd do what the Mac is telling me to do. Back everything up, do a fresh reformat to a single volume, then use Boot Camp again.

OP
Q

Qas

Reaction score
Bah, i dont really have the money for an external Harddrive big enough to back stuff up.. Guess dual booting can wait for a while

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.