MBP Battery Life

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13" C2D 2.26 2G RAM 500GB HDD, iPod touch 64GB
Whenever I finish charging my new MBP I got yesterday, the battery life is only at 2:30 hours remaining. Is there something wrong with my battery because I was under the impression that they lasted 6-7 hours.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
In order to get 6-7 hours out of my MBP on a charge, I would have to:

set the notebook on a flat surface
dial down the screen light to less then half
turn off keyboard light
turn off bluetooth
running not more than 2-3 apps with wireless surfing.
no watching net video or dvd

All these gives me 6 hours easy

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13" C2D 2.26 2G RAM 500GB HDD, iPod touch 64GB
Okay, I was just concerned that there was something wrong with my battery. Regardless it seems misleading for Apple to sell their battery life at 6 hours.
Thanks very much though.

Reaction score
It's not advertised as having a 7 hour battery life, it clearly states "Up to 7 hours battery life" with the following footnote:

Testing conducted by Apple in May 2009 using preproduction 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo–based MacBook Pro units with a Better Battery Life setting. Battery life depends on configuration and use. See Apple - Batteries for more information. The wireless productivity test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing various websites and editing text in a word processing document with display brightness set to 50%.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.66GHz / 4GB / 320GB / Matte 15"
My MacBook Pro gets less than advertised as well. That's normal. It has nothing to do with Apple and everything to do with advertising. Every notebook computer of any brand rarely gets the life that is advertised. The same holds true for smartphones. There are simply too many variables with a laptop to compare. Also Apple has a very good quality control system in place and that applies to their vendors that supply the batteries. While nothing is perfect and it is possible to get a defective part. It's rather unlikely. That's the beauty of Apple Care, it protects your Mac for three years. As good as they are, it's still a mass produced product, so Apple Care is a good investment.

Reaction score
In order to get 6-7 hours out of my MBP on a charge, I would have to:

set the notebook on a flat surface
dial down the screen light to less then half
turn off keyboard light
turn off bluetooth
running not more than 2-3 apps with wireless surfing.
no watching net video or dvd

All these gives me 6 hours easy

I use my MPB under similar conditions and have no trouble getting 7 hours out of a charge.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
You can get around 10 hours if you turn off BT, wifi, no apps running, lowest screen brightness.

I can get 6-7 hours easily by setting my screen to 50% rather than my preferred 70-100%.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.